1. Don’t use words too big for the subject. Don’t say “infinitely” when you mean “very”; otherwise you’ll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.
2. Words, once they are printed, have a life of their own.
3. Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
4. Beneath the rule of men entirely great, the pen is mightier than the sword.
5. This is the sixth book I’ve written, which isn’t bad for a guy who’s only read two.